The Van Driver for GoochlandCares Medical Transportation program is responsible for transporting clients to medical appointments and other destinations approved by the organization. 35 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
• Transports individuals within Goochland and surrounding areas, including Richmond.
• Treats all clients with dignity and respect utilizing trauma-informed principles.
• Abides by all local, state, and national driving laws.
• Practices defensive driving techniques.
• Keeps vehicles in safe driving, clean, and comfortable condition.
• Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and other scheduled maintenance checks.
• Maintains all required reports including rider logs and maintenance logs.
• Schedules daily rides and contacts clients one day prior to pick up.
• Maintains knowledge of Transportation Policies and Procedures.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Valid VA driver’s license (CDL not required).
• Safe driving record (per insurance standards).
• Physical health must not restrict safe driving.
• Must pass annual vision exam.
• Must take six hours of safety driving training annually.
• Skilled in operating all vehicle equipment.
• Trained in Passenger Assistance and Sensitivity (PASS) no later than 30 days after hire.
• Commitment to the mission of GoochlandCares.
• Understanding that all employees are responsible for volunteer engagement as evidenced by demonstrating effective skills in working with volunteers.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills displaying a caring, tactful, diplomatic, and
respectful attitude towards patients, volunteers, and staff.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing situations and schedules.
• Strong self-awareness and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
• Computer competency in Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the ability to learn
GoochlandCares’ database systems.
• Other duties as assigned by Family Services Director and Executive Director.
To apply: send resume and cover letter to Carol Dunlap, Family Services Director,
GoochlandCares | 2999 River Road West | Goochland VA 23063 | 804-556-6260
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. GoochlandCares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, political, or religious beliefs.