Reports to: Front Office Manager, Assistant General Manager and/or General Manager
Overall Health and Safety Summary – in accordance with the State of Virginia VOSH mandate, each task below has a corresponding Exposure Risk Level as defined by the new Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) which can be found at www.doli.virginia.gov.
All Tasks Assigned in the below JOB DESCRIPTION have been given a LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH or VERY HIGH Emergency Temporary Risk (ETS) assessment, as mandated by VOSH, based on 7 main factors: task itself, work environment, # of people in relation to size of area, working distance, duration and frequency of possible exposure, hazards encountered, and possible presence of a virus.
Your specific hotel BRAND training addresses most VOSH requirements and will be assigned you accordingly Those training modules as well as the specific job tasks below make the whole of your Job Description. Additional training may be assigned as needed or required by either Federal, State, Local, Brand or Company directives.
PRIME DIRECTIVE: Guest Satisfaction & Safety, Employee Satisfaction & Safety, and Fiscal Responsibility is the pillar on which a hotel company thrives. Every employee, regardless of his or her position, accepts responsibility for the above 3 pillars.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Each associate will adhere to a strict code of providing excellent and consistent service through Brand Directed Initiatives.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Acknowledge and greet ALL guests within 15 feet of you and engage with them within 6 feet of you.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Be prepared to answer guest questions regarding the hotel, facilities and services. If unable to answer question, seek a co-worker who can.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Courteously accommodate special request of guests. If unable to accommodate, seek a supervisor who can.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Coordinate with other departments to fulfill special guest requests.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
- LOW Exposure – Complete all BRAND Service Training modules assigned to you.
- MEDIUM Exposure – Wipe down and sanitize all equipment which you will be using during the course of your shift on a regular basis.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Know and follow hotel emergency procedures according to Hotel and Brand Standards.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Practice safe work habits, particularly with regard to lifting techniques and proper handling of cleaning products.
- MEDIUM EXPOSURE - Locate and understand Material Safety Data Sheets and protocols for accidental chemical spillage or exposure.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety incident to your Supervisor, the General Manager or the Manager on Duty.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Follow proper key control procedures for issued keys, or keys left by guests in room/suite.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Bring all lost and found items to the Executive Housekeeper, Manager on Duty and/or General Manager for secure storage.
- LOW Exposure - Operate equipment in a correct and safe manner. Immediately report malfunctioning equipment to your Supervisor.
- MEDIUM Exposure - During any Health Emergency (i.e. Covid19 pandemic), all employees are required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to Federal, State or Local mandate, Brand standards or hotel policy.
- MEDIUM Exposure - During any Health Emergency, any associate performing work in the hotel public space will adhere to strict cleaning and social distancing guidelines.
- LOW Exposure - Use any communication device in which a guest can hear you in a professional manner and at a volume level that is not too loud as to disturb guests or others.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- MEDIUM Exposure – Attend, participate and /or facilitate in department or hotel meetings as directed.
- LOW Exposure – Complete reporting specific to your job description as directed in a timely and accurate way.
- LOW Exposure - Create and maintain positive, professional working environment with fellow co-workers as well as guests.
- MEDIUM Exposure - All other reasonable duties and special projects as assigned.
- LOW Exposure – Participate in ALL training modules assigned with the objective of passing the course as required of the Brand.
ROLE SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Food & Beverage Duties
- MEDIUM Exposure – Receive Daily “communication log” and review important directives for the day as well as ensure you are in uniform and have a name tag.
- LOW Exposure - Assist in the preparation of menus for breakfast.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Set up and maintain all food and beverage items during the complimentary breakfast, ensuring proper amounts and temperature.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Keep coffee urns full.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Greet all guests coming into food service areas. Check with guests to make sure that everything is to their liking.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Courteously accommodate special requests of guests and be prepared to answer guest questions regarding the hotel and local area facilities and services.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Bus tables during food service times striving to keep all free tables ready.
- LOW Exposure - Refill condiments and supplies upon completion of shift.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Clean any spills immediately. Maintain a neat buffet line.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Maintain clean public and work areas at all times.
- MEDIUM Exposure - Upon completion of food service hours, undertake a full cleaning of the dining area.
- LOW Exposure - Clean up the kitchen area at the end of serving hours to include all dishes, surfaces and equipment.
- LOW Exposure - Notify Manager of any problems such as food service preparation of delivery or comments of guests as to menu items.
- LOW Exposure - Maintain an inventory of all food products, china, glassware, cutlery, and linens. Reorder as necessary
- MEDIUM Exposure - Order, shop for, prepare, and set-up foods for meeting room or special guest functions.
- MEDIUM Exposure – Follow the Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Checklists assigned to you by your Supervisor.
Brand Knowledge & Adherence
- LOW Exposure - Maintains knowledge of product and service quality standards for the Brand.
- LOW Exposure - Ensures adherence to Brand standards.