2020 Director Elections Open July 1
Fredericksburg, Va. – Rappahannock Electric Cooperative (REC) will hold its Annual Meeting on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. For the first time in its history, the Annual Meeting will be held remotely, with no in-person participation, to protect the health and safety of its member-owners during the COVID-19 crisis.
During the meeting, three members will be elected to REC’s Board of Directors. Member-owners will have the option to participate in the meeting remotely online or send in their proxy designation forms prior to the meeting.
Starting in July, member-owners can:
- Designate their proxy online. Member-owners with a valid email on record with REC will receive instructions to complete their proxy designation form online. Beginning July 1, member-owners can also log-in to MyREC SmartHub to access an online proxy form.
- Or, complete and mail in the proxy designation form when it arrives by U.S. Mail.
Proxy forms, either online or by mail, must be completed and returned by 5 p.m. on Aug. 12.
Registration for the Annual Meeting opens on Aug. 13 at 7 a.m. and closes at 5 p.m., Aug. 14. To register, visit www.myrec.coop/register or call 1-800-552-3904. Only registered members will receive instructions to join the remote Annual Meeting on Aug. 19 to cast their vote live.
Member-owners will automatically be registered to win prizes if they complete and return the proxy designation form:
- By July 15 - qualify for one of 30 $250 cash prizes.
- By August 1 - qualify for one of 14 $100 cash prizes.
- By August 10 - qualify for one of 10 $50 cash prizes.
Members who register to participate in the remote Annual Meeting on August 19, rather than sending in a proxy designation form, will be entered to win other prizes including up to $100 in cash as well as gift cards.
REC provides electric service to over 170,000 connections in parts of 22 Virginia counties. With its general office in Fredericksburg, Va., the Cooperative operates and maintains more than 17,000 miles of power lines through its service area, which ranges from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay. For more information about REC, please visit www.myrec.coop. Follow REC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.